NCCP level 1 certified since 2003
On the verge of completing NCCP level 2
NCCP Revised CanSkate Update Clinic Certified
NCCP CanPowerSkate Certified
NCCP Special Olympics Certified
Canadian Red Cross First Aid Certified/CPR and AED Level C
NCCP Level 3 General Subject
NCCP Level 3 Singles
Currently ranked Silver Status until December 2016 for the continuous educational program with Skate Canada
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE: 30
Began coaching in Denmark in 1983
Coached at CIA - Canadian Ice Academy
Coached at Ice Garden - York University
Designed and ran Canlan Ice Sport, Etobicoke - Learn to Skate Programs & Adult Classes
Coached at The Woodbridge Figure Skating Club from 2002 to 2016
Coach’s representative at the Woodbridge Figure Skating Club from 2007 to 2013
- Started coaching at the Forest Hill Figure Skating coach in 2016
Several times Junior and Senior National Champion of Denmark.
Senior Ladies National Champion of Denmark in 1986
Represented Denmark at Intentional Competitions for several years
Selected by the DSU (Danish Skating Union) to live and train at The National Skating Centre of Excellence in Denmark.
Professional skater and performer with World Wide International ice show, Holiday on Ice.
Private student selected by Skate Canada for their PRIMARY STARS Program
Active participant in the Continuous Educational Program for Skate Canada Coaches.
SEMINARS AND CLINICS:
- The Ice Theatre of New York with Moira North & Deborah Hickey.
- Annie's Edges with Anne Schelter.
- ACGM, Annual Conference & General Meeting and Coaches Conference with Joanne McLeod, Doug Leigh, ManonPerron & Robert O'Toole.
- Spin seminar
- Skate of the Art with World and Olympic coach and choreographer Lorna Brown (one of myformer coaches)
- Kurt Browning Boys Only Seminar.
- And participating in countless seminars with Skate Canada, and the National Performance Centre at York University, Toronto.
- Tina has trained the following known players:
- David Clarkson, NJD, TOR
- AkimAliu, CHI/CAL
- Rane Carnegie, Europe
- Matt Stajan, TOR/CAL.
- Sean Mathias, FLA,
- Matt Pelech, CAL/MIN
- Chris Stewart, COL/STL
- Anthony Stewart, FLA/ALT/WIN/LA
- Paul Dawson Belleville OHL draft pick, and professional lacrosse player.
- Specializing in Freeskate, Choreography, Ice dance, Skills, Off-ice and conditioning plus Powerskating for hockey
- Coachprivate, semi-private and small group lessons
- Coachall levels from beginners through to competitive levels
To give back the knowledge, love and joy, I've gained over the years, from my own skating experience, growing up on the ice.
As well as my experience as a junior and senior national champion, international competitor, and pro skater.
My goal is to provide the best coaching service possible, for all my skaters and their families, regardless of their skating abilities, levels and goals they may have for their skating career.
I do this by continuing to educate and update myself, with the constant changes and development in the figure skating world.
Last but not least, I'm always trying my very best, to get each and every skater to reach their full potential, goals, and achievements, in a fun, safe, and structured environment.
To teach good sportsmanship and fair play.